Skip to content
1. CONTACT US
- Are you looking for a professional forester partner and want to discuss how FERN can link to your curriculum? Visit the Maine Forest Service District Forester site and contact us at info[at]mainetree.org
- The Maine Forest Service has 10 District Foresters who provide technical assistance and educational services to landowners, loggers, schools and educational institutions, municipalities, and other stakeholders.
2. SET UP YOUR PLOT
- With your forester, identify a location for your plot and plan a time to set up the plot together (all measurement tools will be provided)
3. CONNECT WITH THE ONLINE FIG NETWORK AND PROJECT LEARNING TREE COMMUNITY
- Participate in a 3-hour Professional Development session and take home the National Project Learning Tree Focus on Forests high school module, which addresses biology, civics, ecology, economics, and forest management.
- Once your study plot has been established, you’ll receive:
- A marker for your plot on the map of the biophysical region
- Online data storage
- Access to data from all other FERN plots for comparison studies and curiosities
- Online communication with other FERN stewards and students